Diametriks Service Delivery Solution (D-SDS) enables an organization leverage Resource Management features of Microsoft EPM to Operations Management processes like Change Management Request (CMR) Process, Data Change Request (DCR) process etc.
Organizations rely on MS EPM for Project and Resource Management requirements and a different application for Operations Management processes. This creates challenges in terms of resource utilization, as EPM system is generally not used to track utilization of operations team. In matrix organizations, this can create a bottleneck.
D-SDS consists of a custom developed SharePoint based application, which can be used by clients to manage their operational process like Change Management Requests (CMR) etc.
This application in turn is integrated with MS EPM and based upon resource activities in Operation Management System, updates their utilization in EPM as well.
D-SDS is used by various IT Service Providers to receive and execute various service requests, raised by end users for enhancing/modifying an IT application. This enables an organization to standardize the approach to accept service requests from end users, track the status of requests, monitor SLAs and summarize requests executed by various departments/ users .
These Service Requests are implemented by following a Change Management Request (CMR) process for enhancing the application and Data Change Requests (DCR) process for modifying the applications.
D-SDS primarily focuses on following areas to ensure smooth flowing of CMR and DCR processes
- Governance Workflow – To explicitly enforce the business process
- Organization Structure – To define and assign roles and responsibilities
- Operational Process – To set up enterprise architecture for application development/maintenance
- Performance Management – To ensure performance transparency, Target Definitions,Alignment of service requests against business needs, Corrective Action
- Effort Analysis – To record time taken to execute a request and effort spent by resources
- BI and Reporting – For analyzing various Service Requests based on different criterialike Status, Executing Departments, Target Application, KPIs, SLAs and so on